What are the benefits of investing in a MIC?
- Diversification: Investing in a MIC can provide diversification in an investment portfolio, as MICs pool funds from multiple investors.
- Professional Management: Our staff consists of experienced mortgage professionals who have experience in underwriting and managing mortgage loans, ensuring our investors access to professional management and expertise in the mortgage market.
- Accessibility: Investing in a MIC can provide access to the real estate market for investors who may not have the resources or expertise to directly invest in real estate properties.
- Security: New Haven typically invests in mortgages that are secured by real estate properties, which serve as collateral. This can provide a level of security for investors, as the underlying properties can be sold to recover the investment in case of borrower default.
- Additional Income: Investing in a MIC allows investors the opportunity to generate additional income in the form of interest payments.
What are the risks associated with investing in a MIC?
- It’s important to note that the risks associated with investing in a MIC can include mortgage default risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, and market fluctuations, among others. It’s crucial to carefully consider your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and seek professional advice before investing in a MIC or any other investment.
- To mitigate these risks, our experienced team of Underwriters & Fulfillment Officers at New Haven Mortgage carefully underwrite each application to assess risks and address the possibility of them occurring. Our 30 years in the business have allowed us to navigate through uncertainties and ensure our investor’s funds are managed responsibly.
Is the investment guaranteed?
- No, the return on investment (ROI) is not guaranteed when investing in a MIC, or any other investment. It’s important to understand that while MICs can offer potential benefits such as regular income, diversification, and potentially higher returns, they are not risk-free. The performance of a MICs portfolio of mortgages can be influenced by a range of factors, including economic conditions, real estate market fluctuations, and borrower’s creditworthiness
What is your lending criteria?
- We lend in both Ontario’s urban and rural locations. We lend in major cities in Northern Ontario communities but do not lend in locations further north from Thunder Bay. Click here to read more about our lending practices.
What type of mortgages does the MIC invest in?
- The MIC focuses primarily on residential mortgage loans within Ontario. Our portfolio is comprised of 1st and 2nd mortgages currently. We offer one year terms and are available for renewal at our discretion.
How can I check my eligibility for investing in the MIC?
- RRSP, RRIF, RESP, TSFA
How do I start investing with New Haven Mortgage?
- Through Integrated-Equities Inc., our related in-house Exempt Market Dealer we review your qualifications as an investor to ensure that the investment would be suitable based on several factors such as financial status, age and knowledge. If you do qualify to invest – you have the option to invest individually, through a corporation or a registered plan such as a TFSA or RRSP.
- We update our investors monthly via their preferred method of contact. You can also take a look here for more information on key fund facts. Our Offering Memorandum (OM) can be found here.
Contact Arjun Saraf for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-636-0000 Ext 225.